Last Updated on September 1, 2022
One of the most common questions we get from customers is if they should insure their home and autos with the same insurance carrier. That’s a great question.
And the answer is simple: Absolutely. By “bundling” your home, auto and other insurance policies with the same carrier, the carriers will reward your business with a discount – usually 10 to 20 percent.
But here’s an even better question. Why should you work with an independent insurance agency?
- Your independent insurance agent is your best resource for obtaining the best coverage at the best price to protect you and your assets.
- Your independent agent “shops the market” from a variety of top insurance carriers to find the right type of coverage for your individual needs. Your agent provides you with options, when available, so you can make the right decision.
- Your independent agent makes sure that the correct information is obtained and everything is in place for your coverage to begin on the date that it is needed.
- Your independent agent provides a single point of contact for questions, claims, changes to existing policies, and new policies if needed.
- Your independent agent is your first and best advocate in the case of a loss. Your agent is your trusted advisor and is there to help.
Here’s a little secret: Any insurance agent can obtain the same rates from an insurance carrier, based on the client’s information, claims history, etc.
The main reason you should work with an independent insurance agent is that an independent agent has access to coverage from a variety of carriers, not just one brand. An independent insurance agent offers you choices.
Rather than provide you with a price, an independent agent provides you with service – to ensure you get the best coverage at the best price, from the insurance carrier that’s the best fit for your needs and situation.
If you haven’t already done so, contact an independent insurance agent at Allen Tate Insurance to save money on your home and auto coverage – AND a whole lot more.