November 2015

18 Nov 2015

Stay Safe This Fall

The leaves are falling, the breeze is blowing, and that means it’s time take extra steps to stay safe, warm and dry. Around the house. Change the batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. And then recheck the alarms with new batteries installed. Check and replace any home fire extinguishers that have expired. The heat is on. Turn your furnace on and make sure it is working well. Contact a service company or technician to inspect it if you don’t have a maintenance contract. A damaged or leaky furnace could cause dangerous carbon monoxide to enter your home. Make sure no flammable materials are around the furnace, such as clothing, paint products, toxic materials, paper products, etc. If you use a space heater, turn it off...
Continue reading
Follow

Get the latest posts delivered to your mailbox: